Tamaz Khubua: "Israel will always be closest strategic partner of Georgia"

Support Georgia resolution assigning the status of Palestine "UN Observer State" has been controversial politicians and experts. 3th of december, has not yet been finally know why Georgia decided in the framework of the UN General Assembly which goes counter to the position of the country's main strategic partners. According to representatives of the executive, the decision just yet was taken after consultation with partners.

Held on the same day of the press conference, the Israel ambassador to Georgia, Mr. Yuval Fuchs said that "for Israel to Georgia's position was a sad surprise". However, the ambassador does not link this issue with the cancellation of the planned visit to Georgia, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Israel. Discontent is not so high as to make any adjustments in the two countries. At the request of the ambassador, the diplomatic mission of Israel remained in Georgia and continues its activities in order to strengthen bilateral relations.

Commenting on this fact, the deputy chairman of the Supreme Council of the A/R of Abkhazia Tamaz Khubua states that "from the very beginning it is necessary to clarify that this decision Palestinian Republic has not received full membership of the United Nations. She only just raised its political status in the conflict with Israel. Although a number of reviews of Israeli politicians, clearly show that Israel is not to say the least expected such a move from Georgia. Will this solution on Israel's position on recognition of Abkhazia and the Tskhinvali region? I strongly believe that this will not happen".

"Israel will always be our closest strategic partner supporting democratic change in our country. At the same time, I want to add that if this decision were up to me, I would definitely abstain" - says T. Khubua.

Print
Biography
 Copyright 2010 All rights reserved
developed by websolutions