Let's be together and in concert to make the right moves

The Supreme Council of the A/R of Abkhazia held a meeting with the State Minister of Georgia for Reintegration Paata Zakareishvili. According to the chairman of the Supreme Council Elguja (Gia) Gvazava, this was the first meeting with the representative of the new government of the country.

At the meeting Paata Zakareishvili and Gia Gvazava presidium members Sun talked about the approaches to the Abkhaz authorities to problems, methods, political solution to the conflict and the role in this process legitimate structures of Abkhazia.

Gia Gvazava: I must admit that this type of meeting by the previous government were very rare. It seems to be a willingness to work together and it was, but in actual fact, but something always prevented. The Supreme Council has developed its solution to the conflict. It is, of course, we still have more to deepen and expand, to find funds for its implementation, etc. I think if you use this strategy, then maybe it will be a breakthrough. It is important to establish direct contacts. So far, with the Abkhaz side kontachit only using the Ministry of Health and partly educational. In the economic sphere, too, there are small changes - not a secret that the Abkhaz people come to us for wholesale trading base. Of course, this problem is not resolved, but there is at least some leverage for action. I recently met with the Abkhaz, among them was the young. They quite sincerely regret relations interrupted by the war, at the same time they started talking about the danger to the Abkhazian ethnos. They have themselves understand how harmful consequences of Russian expansion. Please note that our guest in the history of the Abkhazian conflict, a great experience, but the Abkhaz society has a huge potential, the use of which in public diplomacy would be a mistake. When we are asked what resources we have to solve the problem, we are responsible - the truth and love. Perhaps, however, and will be bitter, but it will still have to listen to, or relationship, recovered on half-truths, again will drive us to a standstill.

Paata Zakareishvili: I'm happy mood deputies. With most of you I am familiar with the war over. Often argued, but without that too does not happen. Today the main weigh everything with great care and on a common theme in conjunction with the work already, colleagues, friends, opponents and the opposition too. If I did not agree with something the former government, it was inaction where should act. Our present policy should be and will be different to what we are going to work with the utmost caution, of course, without risky steps also not ignored, because absolutely nothing is perfect. We should not scare bold steps to contact, as our opponents - Abkhazians still so not ready for independence, as it seems and the resources to do so are not so great. That is my position. If not us, then Russia will act more aggressively, and it turns out that we have no choice Abkhazians do not leave, we ourselves will push them to the bosom of Russia. They now face a choice - they think of two evils, you must choose the least. Today, for some reason, the Abkhazians more attracted to Russia, as the Kremlin "at least some" guarantees to be. I know that the Abkhazians did not burn with love for Russian, although there are some who think that without Russia lost. But there are those who, even by political bargaining - the restoration of relations with Georgia. The fact that Russia enemy for them, they understand it, but we are confident in the fact that Georgia should beware. This is the biggest problem of Abkhazia today, and we have to solve it, bringing the Abkhazians to him. Abkhaz so-called independence has cost too high a price, because actually the occupation of their "gifted" Russian bases, economic failure, the Russian ruble, the Russian border troops. One senior official, name of which I can not, sincerely told me - "that before we had unrecognized independence, and now there is recognition, but not independence." The only stand today, where there are the Georgian and Abkhaz sides - is Geneva. Our task is to in the Geneva talks preserved Georgian-Russian component, not the Georgian-Abkhazian and Georgian-South Osetian, as this achieves the Kremlin. We want to restore the relationship directly with the Abkhaz and Osetian opponents, but not at the expense of Geneva. Geneva format - is one thing, and our direct, two-way relationship with its opponents - is another. Restore relations have specific themes and actions. You know better than I what is today the situation in Abkhazia, Abkhaz public well know, we share information, a lot of things I learn from you. Certainly, it is the audience, where a glance to understand each other, we are like-minded professionals and this is why we have to wait for it, together and in concert to make correct and decisive steps.

Print
Biography
 Copyright 2010 All rights reserved
developed by websolutions