Visit of the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Russia to the occupied Abkhazia is the regular step of the aggressive policy of the Kremlin.The occupant country in the name of its first diplomat opposes and demonstratively ignores once more the norms of the International Fundamental Law. Remarkable breach of these norms is the opening of one of the symbols of occupation of the so-called new building of the embassy. Simultaneously, we have to stress the fact, that S. Lavrov’s present stroll in the streets of Sokhumi, having been flooded by the blood and tears of the tens of thousands of innocent people, being crucified via violent methods as a result of the ethnic cleansing – genocide contradicts not only the International Law, but the Christian and human moral as well.
It is not difficult to guess, that the official version on Sergei Lavrov’s aims of visiting Abkhazia being spread in Moscow is not true. How amazing it may be, but the high rank representative of the Kremlin spares time for the two-day visit to the occupied territory in conditions of tension of the international relations and existing explosive situation requiring from him serious diplomatic efforts. In such conditions choosing Abkhazia, as a “priority direction” and sending there the envoy of the Kremlin is non-casual. The above mentioned step is the attempt of demonstration of the power from Russia, being factually isolated and under the strict economic and political sanctions. It is some kind of message and even a threat towards the USA having recently shown diplomatic and military activity and in general the whole North-Atlantic Union. By this message or threat Moscow demonstrates its dominion on the Back Sea and threatens NATO, that now near the Eastern region and especially Europe, besides the annexed Crimea, it is the possessor of the occupied Abkhazia with its powerful military base and the so-called united military “groupings”. It is not a secret, that the mentioned base and the “grouping” are permanently replenished with the manpower and modern strategic armament. According to the existing information, such replacement is being continued even during S. Lavrov’s visit.
The Supreme Council of the Autonomous Republic of Abkhazia and Government express the protest on Sergei Lavrov’s visit to Sokhumi and
- Strictly blame the zealous militarization, creeping annexation of Abkhazia and the committed ethnic cleansing and legalization of the policy of the Kremlin in the Autonomus republic;
- Appeal to the representatives of the diplomatic corpus being accredited in Georgia to blame the policy of Russia towards Abkhazia and demand the deoccupation of that latter;
- Appeal to the temporary commission for the restoration of territorial integrity of the Parliament of Georgia to give an overall analyzes to the situation existing in the occupied Abkhazia;
- Welcome activity of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Georgia on the international arena concerning the problems of the occupied regions and urge the Ministry to continue its efforts to make the problem of deocuppation of Abkhazia in context of annexation of the Crimea the topic of permanent discussion by the international organizations;
- Plead the Ministry of Justice of Georgia to debate and investigate the issue of the potential exploiting of the international legal mechanisms with the aim of annihilation of the agreements made for the Russian military bases located on the occupied territory of Abkhazia and the so-called united military groupings.
The Supreme Council of the Autonomous Republic of Abkhazia
The Government of the Autonomous Republic of Abkhazia